Does your tooth have damage or a cavity that requires changing its shape, appearance, strength or size? If so, your dentist will use a dental crown, which has the appearance of a regular tooth.
The dentist will cement the crown into place, concealing the part of the tooth that is above the gum line. It’s nearly impossible to tell that someone has a crown, if the dentist has created it properly. The highly trained dentists at Dental Care Basking Ridge strive to always create crowns with the look and feel of a natural tooth.
Why Are Crowns Used?
Crowns are generally needed for these reasons:
- Weak or crumbling teeth are protected from additional damage
- When teeth have been worn down or damaged from extreme grinding
- To replace old or damaged fillings
- Hide a dental implant
- Offer support for dental bridges which replace missing teeth
- Cover poorly shaped or badly colored teeth
If you have questions about Dental Care Basking Ridge or would like more information please call us today at 908-533-9470.